Application Programming Interfaces (aka APIs) are a way to interact with a service or program. When you click a button in Seismic to do something, like execute a search, look at a user record, or deliver a livesend, Seismic is executing an API call for you.
Here are a few simple actions that can be achieved with Seismic's APIs:
- Search for a piece of content
- Update the content properties on a specific document
- Publish a document
The real power of APIs comes from using multiple multiple services together to create integrations between platforms. Take the same three calls above, but chained together in a single process
- Someone publishes a document an external system & lets your application know about the change
- Your application searches Seismic for the outdated content
- Your application updates the document and it's content properties and file metadata
- Your application publishes the updated document so it is now consumable and searchable by your end users
Whether you have a specific integration in mind, an idea for an app, want to learn more, or interact with other developers, we hope you enjoy your time here!
Updated about 1 year ago